Hi all! I hope everyone is having a wonderful start to the holiday season! Been gone a while huh? Last post.. November 24th. That is just not acceptable it it? I think I just got too much into the routine of not blogging.. honestly I have just had a hard time focusing on anything lately! So many directions to go.. so I do nothing. ha ha!
1. I am blonde again! Ack right!? And super short.. like Halle Berry pixie short, and I looooooove it. It is actually a reddish blonde, much like my natural colour.. which was totally what I was going for. I need to take a picture.. actually I have one on my phone that I sent my mom, lemme see if I can gather the guts to post it (ha ha)..
Excuse the 'mirror shot' ..took it really quick the other day. ha ha Way too lazy to take another.. so this will have to do. The bleaching out process was a wee bit frightening.. bright blonde roots and neon orange everywhere else. Yes, my heart lept out of my chest a few times. But my awesome stylist fixed me up with pretty much the exact shade I was going for. Yay yay yay. So strange looking in the mirror and seeing 'me' again!!
2. I want to see Inception really really bad. LOVE those kinds of movies. Yep.. might have to get hubby to stop on the way home and rent it.. ;)
3. Laine has been home sick for the past few days.. but her and her brother are starting to argue more and more.. so I would say she is on her way to feeling better! ha ha Fingers crossed she makes it back tomorrow.. their school does daytime Christmas concerts (which is bizarre if you ask me) and there is one tomorrow as well as the next day, I just hope she makes it to at least one!
4. I have an insane amount of projects and things to share on the blog, but I am not sure where to start! I am hating that I let it go this long.
5. So close to being finished up with Christmas shopping.. happy that I got an early start this year. Online shopping rocks by the way. Ebay, Amazon, Chapters Indigo, Etsy, Best Buy, Old Navy and Gap (oh and Anthropologie.. but that was for me hee).. yep, online shopping = the best. Still have to track down a few of those hard to find things though.. might need some luck! Eeeeek!!
6. Heads up about Anthropologie to my fellow Canadians.. phone the Edmonton store, they will ship it to you and you don't have to pay the ridiculous duties!! YAY!! The girls were so great over the phone too, I will definitely be doing that again! Just find what you are after online.. and then phone with the numbers! I ordered three tops and the duties from the US were around $80.. so worth it to phone it in, AND.. it was here in two days! Love!
7. Making an outdoor rink is harder than one would think.. that has been my project these past 3 days. We started it a few weeks ago. James put up boards, and we began the flooding process.. now though, I am obsessed with finishing it. ha ha The kids will skate on it before Christmas.. yes they will!! lol Can't wait for it to be done! Skating right off the veranda, ohhhhh it will be fabulous!
8. Living on a hill does not help with the making of a rink.
9. I can NOT wait for Christmas!! I think I am more excited than the kids!! hee!
10. I need to become friends with my camera again.. I barely have any new pictures, seriously.. it is bad. Bad bad bad.
OK.. gotta run, the rink is due for another flood!